Friday, June 17, 2005

Fun with schedules

So I start on the floor on Sunday, and we finally got the schedule on Wednesday. Yeah, that's late, if you're wondering - apparently they were having "computer difficulties".

So anyway, the schedule is a series of strange letter abbreviations, like RL1, FD2, and XQDSAKVJN1. I thought that my code meant that I was doing heme-onc, liquids (that means treating leukemia, lymphoma, etc.). When people asked what I was doing for the first six weeks, I said "liquid tumors" and everyone said "oh... that's too bad".

Well anyway, I looked at my schedule again tonight and I noticed next to my RL1 it said IntS. So now I think its possible I am doing solid tumors (organ cancers).

So to sum up, I start on Sunday, I am doing Oncology, and I have no idea which service I'm on. Let the games begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home