Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Signout

So the taskmaster, Princess Sophia, demands I post again.

Not much to say, though. The nurses didn't page me at all after 3AM, so I actually got some sleep last night (a whole 1.5 hours), which is why I'm still awake.

We are supposed to do our work post-call and then sign out to the team on call for the day. The great thing about signing out is all the calls for tylenol, constipation, or diarrhea go to someone else. You just need to make it to signout and the pages stop. It's like a race - answer the pages as fast as you possibly can while desparately searching around the hospital for th e call team.

I lost the race today. At about 11AM I was done my work and ready to sign out. Unfortunately at 11 the nurses are also up and running and finding all the things you forgot to take care of. I didn't sign out until 1:15 this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger iyaz said...

So, how often do you prescribe uppers for yourself?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger The Doc said...

Actually, I reserve those for the missus. You should see her revved up on meth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home