Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Fellow - My Brother-in-Law:

You know that feeling of deja vu you get when you see some people for the first time? Well it took me a little while but I finally realized why I thought my fellow looked familiar. It's because he looks exactly like my brother-in-law John. Which is funny, because I could never picture my brother-in-law as an oncologist. He's a guy that surfs down a flight of stairs on an ironing board.

Been busy at the hospital lately. I had a crazy day on call July 5th. 27 people were admitted just that day for oncology. It's funny, you'd think that you were sick enough to go to the hospital you'd go, and if you're not you wouldn't. So why is it that no one comes into the hospital over the holiday weekend and then everyone comes in on July 5th? If it wasn't serious enough to come in on the 4th, don't come in on the 5th.

On a positive note, I finally had successful blood draws from veins and from permanent lines. Never once had to do that in medical school but it comes up from time to time here. Conversely, my co-intern, who went to school in NJ, had to draw all of his own labs in med school. He wasn't allowed to pump his own gas (damn New Jersey) but he was allowed to stick needles in people.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger iyaz said...

You sure it's not actually John in deep cover?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home