Thursday, July 28, 2005

Dr. Daman

J.D.: Mr. Daniels, some fluid has gathered in your heart, so I'm going to schedule a pericardial centesis and drain it with a needle.
Mr. Daniels: Someone's going to stick a needle in my chest?
J.D.: Not just someone; Dr. Daman
Mr. Daniels: Who's Dr. Daman?
J.D.: ...Say it - -say it without the Dr.
Mr. Daniels: Who's Mr. Daman
J.D.: No, just say the last name.
Mr. Daniels: Who's Da Man?
J.D.: I'M THE MAN!
[laughs]
J.D.: It was awesome - it was fun doing that with you.

Good scene. Anyway, this doctor had fun yesterday when he got stomach goop all over his shoes. I was adjusting my patients nasogastric tube (drains the stomach out the nose) when it leaked out the backside. A nice, viscous, green goo with food chunks in it... mmm... food chunks.

Anyway, I got into the hospital today and the patient apparently sundowned last nights (Websters definition: old fogey going nutty when the sun goes down) and pulled the damn thing out. So after getting gooped, she was inconsiderate enough to destroy my work. Then this morning she was back to her sane self and acting like nothing happened. She did put her hand over he nose when I walked in, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home