Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Psych Service:

I was talking to my wife a day or two ago about the patients on my intpatient psych service. She paused and asked "they make you do a psych rotation". My response - no, but all of my patients are crazy.

I have literally had to consult psych on 2/3 of all of my patients. It makes prerounding fun - instead of normal questions like "how is your breathing today" I get to ask "did the people in the television tell you that operation "throw feces at the nurses" has been completed yet?

I knew that when I got into medicine that psych issues play a part of the illness, but I feel like all that I'm learning at the moment are the names and pagers of the different psych residents.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger iyaz said...

Well? Are you going to keep us in suspense any longer? Did operation: throw feces at the nurses come to fruition?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home